Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome to the House of Fun

Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti it's Hayley and Dave vs The World. I had to tone down these opening lines because Hailz thought it might be a touch inappropriate quoting Lil John and The East Side Boyz "Get Low" in the opening stanza of a blog. Instead I went with a bit of "Africa" to give that rustic explorer feel and I think its paid off really.


So what is this you might ask? I answer that question by informing you that this is a blog about Hayley and I, living like a couple of crazy expats doing expat things. The idea is to be like a travel blog, but without all the ensuing wank that comes with such a format. Instead of becoming pretentious wankers writing condescendingly about how cultured we've become in our travels, we plan to take the piss out of everything and anything, whilst paying credit where its due. We intend to be indiscriminate in our discrimination.


I will add to this that I swear a lot. Its nothing aggressive and its not intended to offend, its more how I get a point across. Instead of using superlatives to express myself, I use swear words. I should note here that I do realise the potential for confusion when using such a primitive manner for expressing oneself. I am reminded of a friend who at dinner once was speaking of his affection for dogs. What he wanted to say was "I fucking love dogs". Instead he said "I love fucking dogs". So its been a while since I've seen him, but he is up for parole later this year.


So join us, won't you, as we inch our way across the world uncovering ridiculous stories to relay home, all served up at hawker centre prices with a hint of MSG.

No comments:

Post a Comment